Monday, October 18, 2010

This is Part MMA Blog - Where's the MMA?

A bit of an old picture, at the last gym, getting ready for Thai Boxing

So, today I was home sick, and, thusly, missing one of the major nights of training that seems to go on anymore. I used to train six days a week, but have been bumping along from gym to gym to stay with my instructor (he's very talented, whether it be wrestling, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or (Muay) Thai Kickboxing and awesome circuit training and plyometrics) and its been worth all of the training with him! However, while I keep hoping things will change for the better - more classes, it's not seeming like this gym is working out either.

Classes with my main instructor have basically cut down to two nights a week. One night is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and the other night is Muay Thai and Submission Wrestling. So, if you're tired (or sick) on a day or time that class is happening, you're missing out on a lot! I've been doing cardio four or five times a week for 40 minutes to try and keep up my endurance, but I feel like I've lost a bit of that. I'm trying to not be down about it because I know this is just a bump in my training! (Using an exclamation helps cheer this up, doesn't it?!)

The plan:

So, I still want to hold on to hope that classes could increase. There's been some talk of it, and if it means a little lost time, it's worth it to stay for the level of instruction.

In the meantime, my goal is to post a lot more stuff in my Etsy store. Really, I'm hoarding here. I realistically need to make more money to be able to put this plan into action; start going to a second gym also.

I'd really like to go to Portland Thai Boxing. The gym I'm at currently focuses more on ground game (wrestling and Jiu Jitsu), I've been to PTB and the class technique was amazing, and I absolutely love kickboxing so I hate to go with minimal training on that end.

There will be more MMA and combat sport posts in the future. I had several videos I filmed from class but unfortunately the sound is not working on my video so those are a no go until I can get that fixed.

I end with an MMA video for those who are curious and want a short and sweet sample.


Sakuraba v. Royce Gracie (notice Gracie is wearing his BJJ gi).

To anyone who is reading this: Are there any questions you have about MMA, BJJ, Muay Thai, etc that you have or topics on this that you may like to see me cover? Please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment